Technical Support Policy
a) “We,” “we”, “our”, or “Syncro Soft” means Syncro Soft SRL or its wholly own
b) “You,” “you”, or “your” means you as the customer, the company, or the legal entity
that has obtained the software product to which the Technical Support services
Syncro Soft will deliver technical support services for your software product in
accordance with the terms of this Policy, including the section captioned “Technical
Support Limitations” below. You are only eligible to receive Technical Support if you
remain current on all applicable licensing and maintenance fees due and payable to Syncro
Soft and are otherwise compliant with your applicable contractual obligations to Syncro
Soft. Technical support will be performed in a timely and professional manner by qualified
support engineers familiar with the Syncro Soft software.
Note that the provisions and definitions of your custom Support Agreement (if one
exists) supersede any conflicting terms in this Policy.
3. Methods of Contact and Support Hours
Normal operation hours for Technical Support are posted at http://www.oxygenxml.com/contact.html. All eligible license holders may submit
technical support requests online, by sending an email to , or by phone at the numbers specified in above
- Phone coverage may not be available at all times due to staff limitations.
Leaving a phone message outside the hours of operation will automatically generate
emails to the technical support team.
- To gain knowledge and ask questions about the Syncro Soft products, a
user-to-user support community is available as User Forum or User Mailing
- Technical support is only available in English.
4. Problem Response Time
All problems reported to Technical Support are initially handled by a Technical
Support consultant who works with you to identify and (in many cases) solve your reported
problem. If the problem is not resolved during the primary correspondence, the consultant
may perform additional research or log it in the Syncro Soft bug tracking system to pass
it on to a specialist who will follow-up with you.
The following table displays the various priority levels, conditions, and targets for
"Response/Acknowledgement Time" that is defined as the time between when the problem is
initially reported and when a Technical Support consultant contacts you.
|Priority Level||Condition||Target Response / Acknowledgement Time|
Critical is the highest priority situation and is assigned when
some or all of the following conditions occur:
- The software product is unusable, halts, crashes, or is inaccessible,
resulting in a critical impact on the operation; there is an emergency
- It has affected, or could affect, the entire user community
- A temporary workaround or alternative is not available
|High||High priority is assigned for a situation where important tasks
cannot be performed, and the error may impair essential operations of the software
product. The customer may still be able to accomplish their objective, perhaps by
using an alternate solution or workaround.||1 day|
|Normal||Normal priority is assigned under the following conditions: |
- Malfunctioning or incorrect behavior of the software that can be readily
circumvented (the majority of functions are still usable)
- Partial non-critical functionality loss but the issue has no significant
effect on the usability of the software
- There could be degradation in application response times
|Low||Low priority is assigned to minor issues that do not affect the
product functionality, and can be readily circumvented, or cases of general
information requests, such as usage and configuration. |
- A minor problem that does not affect the software function (the software
can be used with only a slight inconvenience)
- An error in software product documentation that has no significant effect
- Questions including issues related to APIs and integration, installation
and configuration inquiries, or documentation questions
- Suggestions for new features or software product enhancements
| 5 days |
- The above response-time goals are targets only and Syncro Soft shall not be
considered to be in breach of any of its obligations if it cannot fulfil the request
within the specified time.
- These target response times are within "Support Hours", do not include weekend or
other non-business days, and assume that an 8 hour working day counts as 1 day. However,
in practice, 80% of all support queries are handled within a few hours. Unlike many big
companies, we do not send any automated responses that are usually unhelpful. Each
support request is carefully read by our Technical Support staff and often discussed
with the programmers to give you the most comprehensive response possible.
- Technical support will not be available on holidays for the corporate
headquarters of Syncro Soft.
- The severity classification will be assigned by Syncro Soft, in Syncro Soft’s
sole discretion and is dependent upon conditions listed under the "Technical Support
Limitations" section and "Your compliance" section of this document.
- If you are not covered by a Support and Maintenance Pack, we
cannot make any commitments, but we will definitely answer every support request.
- Trial Customers: We make our best effort to provide equivalent
response times to customers with a valid trial license during the official evaluation
- Donations and Not-for-Resale licensed products: Depending on
staff availability, we attempt to provide support for customers who use our donation or
NFR product licenses. However, we do not currently provide response goals or response
guarantees for these kind of licenses.
5. Resolving Problems
Syncro Soft will use reasonable efforts to manage and address your problem based on
its Priority Level, its complexity, and the support package that was purchased. Due to the
complex nature of software development and operating environments, Syncro Soft cannot
guarantee the time that it will take to resolve a problem. In addition, our response times
may be affected if a customer fails to provide requested information (see "Your
compliance" section). We make our best effort to resolve problems as expeditiously as
possible as long as you provide us with timely responses and any information we may
reasonably need to address your problem.
5.1 Problem Resolution
Syncro will aim to resolve your problem by any of the following:
- Providing assistance with the operation of the software product by email,
telephone, or over the web;
- Developing a workaround or working best practices in order to avoid a
- Enabling customers to develop their own workaround based upon the advice
- Logging enhancement requests for products.
The problem will be considered closed when:
- Assistance, advice, or a workaround has been provided that should enable the
user to the complete their work using the facilities of the product;
- When a support incident has been left open pending a response from the
customer and 2 subsequent requests for information are not answered, then the call
will be closed five working days after the second request for information (please
inform us if there will be foreseeable delays in your response).
- If it is determined that the problem or product is not covered by the
Technical Support in this policy.
Please also note that:
- Customers may be asked to monitor the circumstances that caused the problem if
it cannot be reproduced.
5.2 Escalation Procedure
If you are not satisfied with the response or resolution provided to you by the
Technical Support staff, use the following escalation path to have your concerns
- First contact the Technical Support staff who are working on your problem and
request that the priority of the problem is escalated.
- You may request to speak with a Technical Support Manager if additional
escalation is required. Provide details about the situation, including the date and
time of the occurrence, by email to .
- If, after using one of these escalation paths, you would like to request
additional support or provide direct feedback to the Syncro Soft Executive team, email
. Your email will be sent to the
Senior Management within Syncro Soft.
If you have general feedback regarding your technical support experience, email
6. Privacy Note and Data Protection
Syncro Soft may require you to supply certain personal information (contact names,
business telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses) about yourself or your company in order
to receive technical support services. From time to time we may use your personal
information or other information you provide to us during the delivery of technical
support services to enable us to recommend other Syncro Soft webinars, services, or
products that might be useful to you, but we will provide you with the opportunity to
opt-out from such communications.
Syncro Soft will safeguard data you send to our technical support team in the same
manner in which we protect our own similar confidential information. However, Syncro Soft
cannot guarantee that your data will be handled in compliance with all regulatory
standards applicable to such data. Accordingly, please do not send to the Technical
Support staff any data subject to government or confidential regulations that prescribe
special handling requirements. If your data file contains such regulated or confidential
information, please contact us before sending it so we may discuss masking, obfuscation,
or other possible methods to convert your data set to a format that Syncro Soft can
7. Rights Regarding Feedback
Syncro Soft reserves all rights in all suggestions, input, feedback, and other
information relating to Syncro Soft and its software products or services that you provide
to us while we are providing Technical Support services to you. Syncro Soft may use all
such information or feedback for any business purposes whatsoever.
8. Your Compliance
In order to receive Syncro Soft Technical Support, you must maintain a supported
environment and you agree to keep your installation of software product up to date by
regularly updating to the latest minor release version available. If your product is not
running the latest minor release, you will be required to update before technical support
will be provided.
Any information you can provide regarding the issue you are experiencing could have a
significant impact on how fast the issue is diagnosed and resolved. You understand and
acknowledge that in order for Syncro Soft to provide Technical Support services, you must
provide the following:
- License details (organization name, license type)
- Product name and version
- Contact information, including email addresses and telephone numbers, for
technical personnel who are familiar with the problem or incident and your
- Operating system and version
- A short description of the problem including the exact text of error messages
and steps to reproduce the issue (when applicable)
For Critical priority incidents, Syncro Soft may require that your technical contact
be continuously available while the incident is at a Critical priority status to offer
further documentation and resolution testing, in order for Syncro Soft to continue
progress on addressing the incident.
9. Technical Support Limitations
Syncro Soft provides Technical Support services to address issues where your software
product does not substantially conform to its documentation, where such software product
is used in accordance with its documentation. Technical Support may be denied for reasons
including, but not limited to, the following:
- Use of the product in a manner other than as authorized in the applicable license
agreement. Before submitting the support request you must have a valid product license
and you must be eligible for Technical Support services.
- Any version of the product for which Technical Support Services have been
discontinued by Syncro. Problems must be demonstrable in the currently supported
versions of the product (see End Of Life Policy) and you
are encouraged to run the latest minor release version of the product
- Product that is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than as
specified in the corresponding documentation. Examples: unsupported tools (i.e., Java
Runtime Environment (JRE)), APIs, interfaces, unsupported web browsers or versions of
web browsers or data formats other than those supported as set forth in the product
- Problems directly related to documents, files, stylesheets, schemas, etc., that
you have authored or created via your utilization of the product or related to any
output generated by products such as Web Help and associated build scripts, as well as
generated XML, XML Schemas, and documentation.
- Support and/or troubleshooting assistance for any third-party add-ons, plug-ins,
frameworks, or templates used within the products that were not purchased directly from
Syncro. If you discover a bug, or an inconsistent behavior with our product and it is
integrated with third-party add-ons or plug-ins, we ask that you start by disabling all
other third-party additions and revert to the default configuration for your current
version of product.
- Product that has been integrated into another third-party application or that is
modified by the customer or a third-party hired by the customer, or downloaded from a
third-party source. Please ask for assistance from the corresponding third-party
- Assistance with any custom features. If the desired feature is not currently
available in the product, Syncro is happy to receive feedback and feature requests.
However, Syncro will not be held to any deadline, and we will not be obligated to
provide the customer with support for any feature that is not already part of the
- Assistance with customization of the product using its corresponding SDK will be
limited to providing advice for specific problems, workarounds for known limitations
(where available), or code samples. If a bug in the product SDK is believed to be the
root cause, sample code that demonstrates and replicates the problem must be
- Beta releases, or other products provided by Syncro at no charge (other than
add-ons or connectors as identified by Syncro).
- Uncooperative, unprofessional, or abusive conduct by the customer. Syncro may
limit or terminate the Technical Support services being provided if you use the services
in an abusive manner, as determined by Syncro in its reasonable discretion. Examples of
such use include a high number of calls/contact that concern previously resolved issues
or issues which Syncro provided corrections not implemented by the customer, data
requested from you but not provided, repeated posing of questions to which the answer is
readily found in the documentation, and discussion of issues that are not related to
- Third-party software sub-components incorporated in the Software and covered by
the terms of the third-party and open-source license agreements (see section
- Generic consultation, assistance, or advice.
- Training activities.
- Support in languages other than English.
Please also note that:
- Syncro will respond to all support incidents. However, Syncro, at its sole
discretion, will only spend a limited amount of time on any incident that is outside the
scope of the Technical Support Policy.
- If an incident is found to be outside the scope of the policy, as one of the
possible alternatives, you may be asked to engage with the Consulting Services, at the then current standard consultancy rate.
In addition, we are not responsible for the delay or inability to provide Technical
Support services due to delays you cause or are caused by network, system, or telephone
line problems, or any events outside Syncro Soft's reasonable control.
9.1 Third-Party Software
Syncro Soft will not provide Technical Support for third-party software that is
included with the software product. However, Syncro Soft will assist you with problem
analysis to determine whether the issue is caused by a third-party software. If it is
possible to identify the cause of the problem, we may contact the third-party vendor for
an issue resolution or we may ask you to open a support case with the third-party vendor
9.2 Supported Software Product Versions
Syncro Soft provides different levels of Technical Support under your Support and
Maintenance Pack, depending on where your product license version is in its product life
cycle. For more information on our product life cycles and related Technical Support
services available during those life cycles, please refer to our End of Life Policy, posted at
10. Updates to our Technical Support Policy
This Technical Support Policy may be updated at any time and without notice. We
reserve the right to amend this Policy periodically and will post updates at
Please contact us if you have any questions about our Technical Support policy and we
will be happy to help.