To open the Document Checking preferences page, go to . This preferences page contains preferences for configuring how a document is
checked for both well-formedness errors and validation errors.
Document Checking Preferences Panel
The error checking preferences are the following:
- Maximum number of validation highlights - If validation generates
more errors than the number from this option only the first errors up to this number are
highlighted in editor panel and on stripe that is displayed at right side of editor panel.
This option is applied both for automatic validation and manual validation.
- Validation error highlight color - The
color used to highlight validation errors in the document.
- Validation warning highlight color - The
color used to highlight validation warnings in the document.
- Validation success color - The color used
to highlight in the vertical ruler bar the success of the validation operation.
- Always show validation status - If this
option is selected the line at the bottom of the editor panel which presents the current
validation error or warning is always visible. This is useful to avoid scrolling problems
when Automatic validation is enabled and the vertical scroll bar may
change position due to displaying an error message while the document is edited.
- Enable automatic validation - Validation of edited document is
executed in background as the document is modified by editing in Oxygen XML Editor.
- Delay after the last key event (s) - The period of keyboard
inactivity which starts a new validation (in seconds).