Warnings exceed available area

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
MWdal

Warnings exceed available area

Post by MWdal »

When I run a transformation scenario, pdf based on html and css, I get warnings saying:
The contents of fo:region-before on page x exceed the available area in the block-progression direction by 288000 millipoints. (See position 3:8242)
and
The contents of fo:region-body on page x exceed its viewport by 125007 millipoints. (See position 1:21921).

There are hundreds of them.
Could you help clarify these warnings? How to interpret the position number?
And if i want to document to look like it does, how can I configure Oxygen to not issue the warnings?
We recently upgraded from v.21 to v.24, in v.21 we never saw this kind of warnings.

Thanks, Mikael
julien_lacour

Re: Warnings exceed available area

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello Mikael,

The position given in the warning message is relative to the FO file generated by the transformation (the file is present in the output folder).
At this moment you cannot filter those message but regarding the value of the overflow, it might be possible that some content will not be displayed in the final PDF.
If those messages bothers you, you can still disable all the DITA transformations warnings from Oxygen Options > Preferences... > DITA / Logging.

Regards,
Julien