Problem connecting Positron AI to AWS

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jdonges

Problem connecting Positron AI to AWS

Post by jdonges »

Hi,

I am trying to connect the Positron AI Assistant (which is really a great tool btw) to a LLM using Bedrock service from AWS but I always get the error message baseUrl must end in /:
The line in the log file looks like:
62353 DEBUG [ AWT-EventQueue-0 ] com.oxygenxml.positron.core.ExternalAICompletionDetailsProvider - baseUrl must end in /:

The endpoint URL ends with . ...amazonaws.com/chat/completions and it does not help to put a / in the end.
Do you have any idea what could be the problem here?

Best regards,
Jörn
jdonges

Re: Problem connecting Positron AI to AWS

Post by jdonges »

Solved, sorry to bother, it was a configuration problem of the LLM connector. :wink:
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Jörn,
Interesting, we have not worked at all ourselves with LLMs through Amazon Bedrock. I assume you used the LLM from the Bedrock service with the OpenAI connector from the Oxygen AI Positron Assistant Enterprise add-on. Or did you connect to an Anthropic LLM? Did you follow a certain procedure to get things to work?
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jdonges

Post by jdonges »

Hi Radu,

yes, we used the MS Azure OpenAI connector of Positron Assistant Enterprise and liteLLM as a proxy to OpenAI API to an Anthropic Claude LLM.
The confusion was that I first tried to configure the Anthropic connector which gave the error. Things finally worked using the MS Azure OpenAI connector and adding a authorization header.
Regards,
Jörn
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Jörn,
Great, thanks for explaining what you did. We probably need to find some time to follow similar steps and write a small tutorial about it for people who might want to do the same.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com