Uable to install in win2003 w/ version 2.0.3|2.0.4

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Teg

Uable to install in win2003 w/ version 2.0.3|2.0.4

Post by Teg »

Hi! I was wondering if someone can help me out. I was able to install the zip package in win2003 using version 2.0.2 but now that oxygen editor now has an installer only version, I cannot install 2.0.3 or 2.0.4 in win2003.

The reported problem in 2.0.3 is that win2003 is an unsupported OS.

With version 2.0.4 it just hangs when trying to install the files. First it can't find the version of the Java JRE I'm using (1.4.2 and the other is 1.4.1 which is a separate installation being used by another program -- oxygen can't find either of them unless I specifically provide the directory). In the pre-installation summary it doesn't display hard drive available space field and when it tries to install the package, it won't go past the creating the uninstall log.

After I stop the installation procedure forcibly through the task manager and when I look into the installation directory only the uninstall log is there.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Yes, the installer does not work correctly on Win 2003 Sever. You can try to use the zip that is available in the Download section: "All (Linux, Unix,etc.)": http://www.oxygenxml.com/InstData/All/oxygen.tar.gz

Unzip it and modify the oxygen.bat file to use the Java that is installed on your machine. Use oxygen.bat to start the editor.