The XWatch view shows XPath expressions evaluated during the debugging
process. Expressions are evaluated dynamically as the processor changes its source
When you type an XPath expression in the Expression column, Oxygen XML Developer supports you
with syntax highlight and content completion assistance.
The XPath watch view
Table 1. XWatch columns
||XPath expression to be evaluated (XPath 1.0 or 2.0 compliant).
||Result of XPath expression evaluation. Value has a type (see the possible
values in the section Variables View). For
Node Set results, the number of nodes in the set is shown in
Remarks about working with the XWatch
- Expressions referring to variables names are not evaluated.
- The expression list is not deleted at the end of the transformation (it is preserved
between debugging sessions).
- To insert a new expression, click the first empty line of the
Expression column and start typing. As an alternative, right click and select the
Add action. Press
(Enter) on the cell to add and evaluate.
- To delete an expression, click on its Expression column and
delete its content. As an alternative, right click and
select the Remove action. Press
(Enter) on the cell to commit changes.
- If the expression result type is a Node Set, click it
(Value column) and its value is displayed in the Nodes/Values Set
- The Copy,
Add, Remove and Remove
All actions are available in every row's contextual menu.