The Outline view presents all the global components grouped by their
location, namespace, or type. If hidden, you can open it from
The Outline View for XML Schema
The Outline view provides the following options:
Selection update on caret move
- Allows a synchronization between Outline view and schema diagram.
The selected view from the diagram is also selected in the Outline
Sort - Allows you to sort
alphabetically the schema components.
- Show all components - Displays all components that were collected
starting from the main files. Components that are not referable from the current file are
marked with an orange underline. To refer them, add an import directive with the
- Show referable components - Displays all components (collected
starting from the main files) that can be referred from the current file. This option is set
- Show only local components -
Displays the components defined in the current file only.
- Group by location/namespace/type - These three operations allow
you to group the components by location, namespace, or type. When grouping by namespace, the
main schema target namespace is the first presented in the Outline
The following contextual menu actions are available:
- Remove (Delete) - Removes the selected item
from the diagram.
- Search References - Searches all references of the
item found at current cursor position in the defined scope, if any.
- Search References in... - Searches all references of the item found
at current cursor position in the specified scope.
- Component Dependencies - Allows you to see the
dependencies for the current selected component.
- Resource Hierarchy -
Allows you to see the hierarchy for the current selected resource.
- Resource Dependencies - Allows you to see the dependencies for the current selected
- Rename Component - Renames the
- Generate Sample XML Files... - Generate
XML files using the current opened schema. The selected component is the XML document root.
The upper part of the view contains a filter box which allows you to
focus on the relevant components. Type a text fragment in the filter box and only the
components that match it are presented. For advanced usage you can use wildcard characters (*,
?) and separate multiple patterns with commas.
The search filter is case insensitive. The following wildcards are accepted:
- * - any string
- ? - any character
- , - patterns separator
If no wildcards are specified, the string to search will be searched as a partial match
The Outline content and the editing area are
synchronized. When you select a component in the Outline view, its
definition is highlighted in the editing area.