The Spelling dialog allows you to check the spelling of the edited
document. To open this dialog, click the
Check Spelling button on the
The Check Spelling Dialog
The dialog contains the following fields:
- Unrecognized word - Contains the word that cannot be found in the
selected dictionary. The word is also highlighted in the XML document.
- Replace with - The character string which is suggested to replace
the unrecognized word.
- Guess - Displays a list of words suggested to replace the unknown
word. Double click a word to automatically insert it in the document and resume the spell
- Default language - Allows you to select the default dictionary used
by the spelling engine.
- Paragraph language - In an XML document you can mix content written
in different languages. To tell the spell checker engine what language was used to write a
specific section, you need to set the language code in the lang or
xml:lang attribute to that section. Oxygen XML Developer automatically detects such
sections and instructs the spell checker engine to apply the appropriate dictionary.
- Replace - Replaces the currently highlighted word in the XML
document, with the selected word in the Replace with field.
- Replace All - Replaces all occurrences of the currently highlighted
word in the XML document, with the selected word in the Replace with
- Ignore - Ignores the first occurrence of the unrecognized word and
allows you to continue checking the document. Oxygen XML Developer skips the content of the XML
elements marked as ignorable.
- Ignore All - Ignores all instances of the unknown word in the
- Learn - Includes the unrecognized word in the list of valid
- Options - Sets the configuration options of the spell checker.
- Begin at caret position - Instructs the spell checker to begin
checking the document starting from the current cursor position.
- Close - Closes the dialog.